Pets are not allowed, even on a leash, in the courtyards and gardens of the castle.
On-line reservation :
To save time, buy your tickets online. You will be able to go directly to the entrance of the Château with your ticket, without going through the ticket office.
Ticket purchase on site :
If you wish to buy a ticket or reserve a visit, you must go to the Louis XV wing
Reservation is mandatory. It is for a group limited to 30 people (including students and accompanying adults) or 15 people for certain services. The date and time of the visit are determined by telephone with the reservations department.
– For the self-guided tour, this reservation will allow you to withdraw your speaking rights at the group reception desk on the day of your visit. You will be asked for your Pass’Education.
– For the conference tour, after your telephone call, you must return the estimate sent to you by the reservations department, dated and signed, together with payment (by cheque) or the order form, at least fifteen days before the date chosen. Any cancellation must be made in writing at least fifteen days before the visit. Otherwise, the service will be invoiced. Payment can also occasionally be made on site at the ticket office.
– Artistic and sports activities must be booked and paid for with the service provider.
It is possible to book your visit online.
You can go through the main corridor without going through the ticket office, an agent will tell you where to go depending on your visit (free or guided).
During a guided tour, a lecturer from the Château de Fontainebleau will open the doors to lesser-known and/or non-accessible areas for you to visit.
In addition, if you have booked a guided tour, you have direct access to the Château during a time slot dedicated to your visit. Once your guided tour is over, you have direct access to the self-guided tour of the Château.
If you take a ticket with a guided tour there is a discount on the entrance ticket. You will find more information on this site.
Pushchairs and baby carriers with metal frames are not allowed inside the Château. You must deposit them at the free deposit desk. It is advisable to bring a kangaroo bag or baby carrier without a metal frame for children under one year old. Pushchairs are accepted in the gardens and the Park.
The means of payment accepted at the cash desk are :
- Bank cheques that can be cleared in France
- Credit cards
- Holiday vouchers
- Traveller’s checks
On the online ticketing system, only payments by Visa, Mastercard, E-carte Bleue, are possible.
Groups are limited to a maximum of 30 people.
The number of accompanying persons allowed to enter free of charge with the group depends on the level of the class:
- Kindergarten: 1 accompanying adult for every 5 pupils
- Primary and secondary: 1 guide for every 7 students
The terms of payment are :
- order forms
- administrative payments
- in cash (payment on D-day)
- the credit card
It is possible to buy your tickets online
The entrance ticket gives access to the Grands Appartements and the Napoleon I Museum.
Full rate: 12 € and reduced rate : 10 €
One hour before the castle closes: 8€ flat rate
Free entrance on the first Sunday of each month, outside July and August.
Videoguide for adults and young people: 4 €.
Shelves can be rented at the reception desk within the limit of available shelves.
PARK AND GARDENS
Access to the park and gardens of the Château is free every day.
VISIT OF THE CHINESE MUSEUM
Price: 3 €, in addition to the entrance fee, including the HistoPad (from 12 years old, available in 12 languages). Children under 12 enter free of charge, without HistoPad.
The visitor must pay the entrance fee for all guided tours.
Visitors purchasing a guided tour benefit from the reduced rate on the entrance fee.
For persons benefiting from free admission, only the guided tour fee is due.
– Visits from 1/2 hour to 1 hour
Full price : 5 € and reduced price : 3 €
– Visit of 1 hour 30 minutes
Full price: 7 € and reduced price: 5 €.
Single rate: 10 €/person for groups of more than 20 paying people (excluding free)