Pets are not allowed, even on a leash, in the courtyards and gardens of the castle.
On-line reservation :
To save time, buy your tickets online. You will be able to go directly to the entrance of the Château with your ticket, without going through the ticket office.
Ticket purchase on site :
If you wish to buy a ticket or reserve a visit, you must go to the Louis XV wing
Reservation is mandatory. It is for a group limited to 30 people (including students and accompanying adults) or 15 people for certain services. The date and time of the visit are determined by telephone with the reservations department.
– For the self-guided tour, this reservation will allow you to withdraw your speaking rights at the group reception desk on the day of your visit. You will be asked for your Pass’Education.
– For the conference tour, after your telephone call, you must return the estimate sent to you by the reservations department, dated and signed, together with payment (by cheque) or the order form, at least fifteen days before the date chosen. Any cancellation must be made in writing at least fifteen days before the visit. Otherwise, the service will be invoiced. Payment can also occasionally be made on site at the ticket office.
– Artistic and sports activities must be booked and paid for with the service provider.
It is possible to book your visit online.
You can go through the main corridor without going through the ticket office, an agent will tell you where to go depending on your visit (free or guided).
During a guided tour, a lecturer from the Château de Fontainebleau will open the doors to lesser-known and/or non-accessible areas for you to visit.
In addition, if you have booked a guided tour, you have direct access to the Château during a time slot dedicated to your visit. Once your guided tour is over, you have direct access to the self-guided tour of the Château.
If you take a ticket with a guided tour there is a discount on the entrance ticket. You will find more information on this site.
The means of payment accepted at the cash desk are :
- Bank cheques that can be cleared in France
- Credit cards
- Holiday vouchers
- Traveller’s checks
On the online ticketing system, only payments by Visa, Mastercard, E-carte Bleue, are possible.
Pushchairs and baby carriers with metal frames are not allowed inside the Château. You must deposit them at the free deposit desk. It is advisable to bring a kangaroo bag or baby carrier without a metal frame for children under one year old. Pushchairs are accepted in the gardens and the Park.
The terms of payment are :
- order forms
- administrative payments
- in cash (payment on D-day)
- the credit card
Groups are limited to a maximum of 30 people.
The number of accompanying persons allowed to enter free of charge with the group depends on the level of the class:
- Kindergarten: 1 accompanying adult for every 5 pupils
- Primary and secondary: 1 guide for every 7 students
Yes reservation is mandatory for groups.