Former apartment of the Queen Mothers since Anne of Austria retired there as a widow; its oldest part is in the 16th century wing. Its new part is spread across the adjoining spaces of the Great Pavillon built by Gabriel in 1750. Its sumptuous decorations, combined with the quality of its furnishings, bear witness to the very eclectic taste of Napoleon III and Eugenie. They had it redecorated in the 1860s, retaining the exceptional ceilings of the former chamber of Henry II and Anne of Austria. Dedicated to prestigious guests visiting the sovereign’s court, this self-contained apartment alone illustrates the castle’s rich historical background.